Friday, June 14
1. The secret to Jeremy Jackson's grandmother's famous strawberry cake was hidden in plain sight in the "library of Jello" she kept in her pantry. Jeremy seeks culinary redemption by adding actual strawberries to the recipe.
2. Dogs and citrus. Who knew?
3. So, bourbon is named for Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana not for Bourbon County in Kentucky. Bummer.
4. It happened on Farish Street. Geno Lee talks Medgar Evers, the Freedom Riders, and the Big Apple Inn in Jackson, Mississippi.
5. Rappers rap about what they love. In the wake of the Jelly Roll/Waffle House scandal, it must be noted that the bigger the rapper, the greater the love -- of food.
6. Turn on the closed captions and prepare to have your carnivorous heart absolutely destroyed by a three year old South African boy.