Today in Gadsden, Alabama Jake Adam York will be laid to rest. His wife, Sarah, his brother, Joe York, his parents, grandparents and a host of family and friends are gathered there to say good-bye.
This week, in celebration of Jake's life and work, a community of poets and writers have done what they do best, put pen to paper.
What we can do today is to hold Jake's family in our hearts and remember.
1. Jake Adam York, Poet Who Chronicled the Civil Rights Movement, The Denver Post.
2. Remembering Jake Adam York, Southern Spaces.
3. Jake, Shenandoah, Snopes Blog.
4. Remembering Jake Adam York, The Rumpus, Poetry Wire.
5. Jake Adam York, Colorado Poet and Teacher, Westword.
6. Acclaimed Auburn Educated Poet, Jake Adam York, The War Eagle Reader.