1. Low prices and low supply spell worry for the August 22 opening of Louisiana's fall shrimping season.
2. Deepening drought dismay for Texas winemakers.
3. Pork Memoirs is a forum for folks to claim their porcine identity in a world that both mythologizes and shuns the pig.
4. The Cake Decorating Olympics are happening in Charlotte, NC this weekend. Seriously.
5. Food Network Magazine has the audacity to name the best pizza in each state. What a fabulous tool for building a vacation itinerary!!
6. Anthony Bourdain on Stephen Colbert. Enough said.