And a chaser
1. The local-vore movement is slow to take hold in Appalachia but Steven Hopp isn't giving up!
2. The war between the states heats up again. This time it's Georgia versus South Carolina in a food fight over peaches.
3. Jane Lear offers a moving eulogy for killed salad.
4. It's just not possible to say enough good things about Rodney Scott. Thank goodness Josh Ozersky agrees!
5. From Mary Mac's Tea Room to an organic garden and back to The Farmhouse at Serenbe, Mary Nygren lives the farm to table movement.
6. The Southeastern Conference doesn't allow alcohol sales at sporting events. No matter, LSU has teamed with Tin Roof Brewing to create its own brand of beer. It will be on the shelves just in time for football season!
The Chaser. This has nothing to do with Southern food but a whole lot to do with the South!