1. Shake, rattle, and roll yourself to the nearest bookstore and get a copy of The Chitlin' Circuit and the Road to Rock and Roll by CSSC alum, Preston Lauterbach.
2. Mother's Best, Clabber Girl, lard, and buttermilk -- turns out the real trick to baking great biscuits isn't in the ingredients, it's in the practiced hand of the maker. Go make yourself some biscuits. That's right, this weekend. It's not like your kitchen can get any hotter.
3. You're probably already traveling somewhere this summer. Detour through Memphis and visit Gus' Fried Chicken. You'll be glad you did.
4. Third generation Melba Toast makers are reviving their grandmother's business. That's right, you cornbread and biscuit snobs, melba toast just like mamaw used to make!
5. Garden yields are starting to move from delightful to drudgery. Steven Satterfield offers some refreshing solutions for too many squash, okra, and tomatoes (Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's no such thing as too many tomatoes).
6. Meet a Meat and Three with Emily Wallace.