Tuesday, February 15


We all need break time during the work day. Ideally, I should get up from my desk to stretch and walk around outside. More often than not, however, I find myself Web browsing, too lazy to brave the outside cold.

A few months ago I came across a website by artist Mark Menjivar, who has created a wonderful series of photographs entitled "You Are What You Eat." Each image is of the inside of a refrigerator, and is titled by a description of the fridge's owner. The image above, borrowed from Menjivar's original site, belongs to a retired train conductor in Jackson, Mississippi, who started Meals on Wheels in his community.

On your break today, scroll through the twenty images Menjivar has posted here. You'll need to scroll down to click the arrows underneath his statement to move through the slide show.

Your fridge says a lot about who you are, how you live, and even where you live. What's in yours?