Didn't get to attend the symposium, but wanted to hear the lectures? Did attend, but want a recap? The SFA has posted podcasts from the symposium presentations online. Visit our iTunes page and click the tab for the 2010 Global South Symposium to download lectures and performances. Here's a catalog of what you'll find:
- Diane Roberts on Havana and Alabama
- The Gulf and the Spill: A Panel Discussion
- Greg Brownderville and Meredith Abarca on Tamales as Text
- Judith Carney and Valerie Erwin on Rice in the Global South
- Kevin Kim and Amy Evans on Chinese Grocers in the Delta
- James Peacock on Grounded Globalism
- Francis Lam on Cajuns, Croats, and Vietnamese in Biloxi
- Andrea Nguyen on Viet-Cajun in Cali
- Chingo Bling!
- Robb Walsh on Houston as the New South Creole City
- Tom Hanchett on the Salad Bowl Suburbs of Charlotte
- Jessica Harris, Theaster Gates, and the Mississippi Monks doing a Benediction and Street Meditations
Grab your headphones and learn about the Global South with SFA. To see the full schedule of symposium events, click here.